C. Lamar Mayer Learning Center
The C. Lamar Mayer Learning Center serves as a fieldwork site for Special Education credential candidates and as a Saturday enrichment program for children from the community surrounding CSULA.
The program offers children with and without disabilities an opportunity to receive individualized attention for their learning needs from highly qualified credential candidates who have available state of the art learning materials and computer technology.
The program also serves parents of children enrolled in the center by making available parenting workshops led by bilingual trainees from our graduate programs.
Two 13 - week sessions are held that coincide with the Fall and Spring Semesters.
THE CENTER PROVIDES:
- Educational enrichment in reading, writing, math, and social skills
- Instruction in English Language Development
- Parenting Discussion Groups in English and Spanish
THE CENTER SERVES:
- Starting Spring 2017, 3 and 4 year olds in an inclusive preschool setting
- Children and youth in elementary through high school (ages 5-16) from all language backgrounds
- Students with disabilities
- Students experiencing learning difficulties
Nominal Fees will be charged based on a sliding fee scale. Scholarships are available. Call (323) 343-4400 for further information.